Sunday, February 8, 2009

Human-fox (A Poem For Children)



It was a bright sunny day,
After all it was the month of May.
My friend and I stopped by a mill,
Everything out there was so still.

The mill was near the seashore,
We both wanted to stay there for sure.
We had stolen money from Mr. Smith’s chest,
And seeing this abandoned place, we decided to rest.

Mr. Smith’s house was beside a huge rock,
So we fancied that no one had noticed us when we broke the lock.
However, a concerned neighbour had come enquiring,
While we were busy counting.

To prevent him from revealing that we had a role,
We gagged him and tied him up, against a pole.
We crammed all the money in a box made of wood,
And ran as fast as we could.

The abandoned mill, seemed just right,
For it was surrounded by trees and plants which didn’t allow much light.
I asked my friend to take out the wooden box,
But suddenly I realized that my darling friend was actually a human-fox.

He took out a knife,
And I submitted, in order to avoid a strife.
He ran away with all the money,
And I stood there like a loony.

The human-fox turned back and gave me a nasty glare,
And I realized that true friends are but rare.

3 comments:

  1. Hilarious! but parents will definitely be shocked and "hurt" !

    ReplyDelete
  2. With havin so much content and articles do you ever run into
    any issues of plagorism or copyright infringement?
    My site has a lot of unique content I've either written myself or outsourced but
    it appears a lot of it is popping it up all over the web
    without my agreement. Do you know any methods to help reduce content from being ripped off?
    I'd certainly appreciate it.

    My page; search engine optimization (seofornown4eva.com)

    ReplyDelete